Thursday 29 January 2009

Soup.

Its the time of the year for soup. I note that The Lamb has had Cock A Leekie soup on the menu this week in connection with Burns Day and with the weather we are having I am sure that many will have the favourite soup that keeps them warm through the cold winter days. When I lived in Scotland I had an elderly neighbour who would regularly bring pots of soup to those who lived in our block of flats, usually it was vegetable and very nice it was too, then of course, the restorative powers of soup are well known. I am sure that many of those who suffered from the recent spate of virusus, who had their appetites revived by a bice warming bowl of chicken soup and I have heard of some people who think that a good bowl of soup is just the thing to beat a hangover.

So lets hear it for soup, the bowl that cheers.

No comments: