Wednesday 7 January 2009

CBB

Is anyone actually watching the current series of Celebrity Big Brother ?. I did have a look the other night just to see how 'comrade' Tommy Sheridan was fareing. To be fair to him, Sheridan seems to be doing quite well, but given the collection of numpties present, Terry Christian and Ulrika Johnnson excepted, that would not be too difficult. There is a lot I could say about Sheridan, but given his current legal position the less said the better. I suspect though that he will not fall into the same sort of degrading nonesense that his pal George Galloway did when he got into the cat antics with Rula Lenska a couple of years back.

I dont think I shall be watching anymore of it however. Even my occasional insomnia is not bad enough to require that kind of regular treatment.

3 comments:

babyblox said...

Surely the days of TV shows funded by audience phone-ins must have passed. BB and Celebrity BB jumped the shark years ago after Shilpagate, and how many more variations on the Stictly-Come-Get-Me-Dancing-Out-of-the-Jungle-On Ice theme can there be? Even those who watch all this stuff must have worked out by now that you can do so without wasting your money by phoning in. The words flogging, dead and horse spring to mind.

Anonymous said...

I couldn’t agree more with what babyblox says. You have to be one brick short of a load to watch any of these shows, let alone phone in to vote.

Anonymous said...

Following on from all the recent TV voting scandals, readers might be interested in this:

In the mid 80s I worked as a free-lancer for the Arts Program on a local radio station. During one broadcast the producer asked me to set a music question and invited listeners to send in their answers, and win themselves a prize. When I arrived for the next broadcast, I was greeted with “Here’s Rico carrying the station bucket with all your postcards in it, and he’s going to draw out three lucky winners”. On the producer’s desk there were three postcards that she had already selected. Stunned, I went through the charade of rustling all the postcards in the bucket and drawing out “three lucky winners”.

Nothing much seems to have changed in twenty-odd years !!