Sunday 8 March 2009

Schooldays.

Your schooldays are often said to be the best days of your life. I suspect that those who say that are either schoolteachers with a vested interest in promoting their profession or, former pupils who are now suffering from selective memory loss. School, like life in general was, unless you were lucky enough to have inspirational teachers, boring and often monotonous and when not in class, much of your life seemed to revolve around trying to maintain, or improve your position in the pupils pecking order.

There were of course, subjects you liked and those you loathed with a passion. I hated maths and could never get my head around any of it and I also struggled with science. Sport was a total turn off for me as was anything to do with woodwork and metal work. History, Geography, music and english were a different matter and I was not adverse to a bit of Drama. My artistic talents however are now, as then, next to zero. I cant say that I remember my schooldays as being the best days of my life merely as a part of life over which you had little personal control and which had to be got through.

So, if you have the urge to tell us which subjects you loved or hated, the floor is yours.

No comments: