Tuesday 31 March 2009

Poll Hotting Up.

It seems that the travellers site issue has been generating a lot of interest over the past 24 hours. An extra 14 votes have been recorded. the highest for a 24 hour period since the poll began last thursday. I also note from the profile statistics that an there seem to have been 20 new viewings of my profile, also a record for a one day period as far as I am aware. Again, you wonder at the mainstream local press missing out on an important local issue.

6 comments:

Amazed of Silverton said...

I still find it hard to believe that there are 35 Silverton residents FOR and 30 against a travellers site. Someone must surely have found a way rigging this poll. If not, then the turkeys will be definitely voting for Christmas this year !!

Tobireg said...

Internet pools are like that though. It could well be that some people are voting more then once on both sides, just voting again on a different day . From conversations I have heard the travellers have more supporters then you might think.

Its also being said that there is no use talking about 'defending our beautiful village' when it has a scrapyard bang in the middle of it.

Rico said...

I've tried to see if it is possible to vote more than once - by voting on different days - but I can't manage to do it.

Boelyn said...

The coward's letter may have something to do with the support the travellers are enjoying...

Tobireg said...

Indeed. I think the authors of the letter completely misjudged the situation.

Pragmatist said...

Agreed! But even if you loathe the letter and its author, is this a good enough reason to to encourage travellers set up a site anywhere near Silverton. It seems to me this is just "cutting off your nose to spite your face". CRAZY !!