Thursday 12 March 2009

Holidays.

I wonder where our readers will be taking their holidays this year. I wonder if the credit crunch will be turning them away from Marbella and sending them towards Minehead, or whether Portugal has been binned in favour of Padstow, or are people just going to keep heading abroad as long as their financial situation allows. Many of course will do just that. I dont see the 18-30 generation heading for Weston Super Mare, or the Himalayan backpackers getting excited over a trip to Haytor, but I suspect a lot of families will be getting the tent out of the loft or looking for a bargain weekend in Brighton. Perhaps its time that we in the village looked at expanding our tourist facilities, perhaps some enterprising persons could redevelop the old Londis store as a youth hostel.

I shall be heading off for my break at the end of april and perhaps not unsurprisingly, I shall be heading for my old haunts in the west of scotnad and staying at The Carlton Hotel in Prestwick. http://www.carlton-prestwick.com Perhaps more people will be persuaded to explore areas like Ayrshire and Dumfries and Galloway now that the economic outlook looks set to remain uncertain for the foreseeable future.

No comments: