Saturday 7 March 2009

More Food.

Following on from roasts and the english breakfast does anyone still eat tea at five PM, complete with sandwiches, a cup of tea and sticky cakes to follow ?. When I was young my favourite sandwiches contained tomato and I ate them on a daily basis for years. We used to have our friends around for tea before going out to play, or when we got older, to do our homework. Back then of course, you didnt have the vast array of teas to drink that you have now and it was usually Brooke Bond or PG Tips as advertised by the chimps on TV.

When I think of the meals that we got through when young, its surprising that the obesity crisis did not start a lot earlier, but then, we were far more physically active. Even in winter you had burned off your tea before suppertime.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know where I can get hold of that green custard that featured in the news yesterday ? I’ve just thought of another use for it !