Monday 16 March 2009

Fashionable Dogs.

I own a dog which is mainly Patterdale terrier. I had never heard of Patterdale's until a few years ago, although once I saw pictures of them, I realised that the dog that my late wife owned when I first met her in the mid 80s was a Patterdale rather than just being a mongrel as I had always though. It now seems that these hardy little dogs have become quite trendy and are now to be found far from their original homes in the Lake district and the south of Scotland. As I have never owned a trendy dog before, I suppose that I should take this into account to set against his rather unruly nature. Patterdale's are working dogs in their natural environment and although they generally have a good temprement can be rather difficult to train. They also tend not to like cats or anything small and furry, so they do best in households where the temptation to slaughter is not a major factor.

However trendy Patterdale's may be, I can assure all our readers that you are unlikely ever to see Rory parading about the village in a designer jacket and matching boots. He is just not that sort of chap. If he wore clothes I suspect it would be a very well worn leather jacket and some DM's.

Working class gear for working class terriers.

No comments: