Saturday 21 March 2009

Dawn Chorus.

I am one of these people who, if awakened at about five in the morning, finds it very difficult to sleep again. Unfortunately, the bird population of the village have now decided that five is about the time to have their dawn chorus, thus acting as an alarm clock, whether you want one or not. Instead of slumbering peacefully under your Duvet you are subject to the sounds of all the birds in the parish staking out there claims on territory and seeking mating partners. Were it possible to impose ASBO's on the bird life I would be seeking one now. I suppose I could shut the window but I prefer to have fresh air in my sleeping quarters. At least the birds responsible for my sleep disturbance are not seagulls as I had enough of their dawn racket when I lived by the coast in Scotland.

And on top of the birdsong we also have that damned Woodpecker who has featured here before. Drilling and drilling and drilling away as the sun comes up.

Bloody wildlife.

No comments: