Friday 12 June 2009

The Swarm.

I was walking along with the dog yesterday morning, minding my own business, when, arriving on the roads outside the bungalows in New Barn Road, I heard a loud buzzing noise. Paying no particular attention, I soon realised that I had walked into a colony of Bees who were intent on swarming into the hedge opposite. Now I dont really like our flying stinging friends too much but I decided that the best course of action, having arrived in the midst of them, was just to carry on walking. Luckily, also, Rory decided that perhaps it was not a good idea to take aggressive action where the noisy little beasts were concerned and we made our way through the danger zone unscathed.

I must admit though, that for the rest of the walk into the village I occasionally cast a wary glance over my shoulder lest a noisy brown cloud might be following me up the road having decided, in their collective wisdom that my hat might be just the sort of landing place they might be looking for.

No comments: