Monday 8 June 2009

Luggage Woes.

I was in Tiverton this morning and had to travel back on the bus with a loaded shopping trolley. Once again, I found that the bus had no area for storing luggage and once again, the trolley had to be parked in the main gangway which I would imagine is a situation contrary to safety regulations.

It seems that Stagecoach are using the 55A/B route as the route of last resort for some of their ageing rolling stock. I noticed last time I was in Ayr that Stagecoach in that part of the west of scotland have at last, updated their fleet of buses there. Roll on the day that some of the comfortable and accessible buses that they have in that part of the world make their way down here.

2 comments:

babyblox said...

I echo your sentiments James. I, too, was on the 55 from Tivvy this morning and was sat next to a young mum who was trying to balance a wriggling toddler, a large bag and a folded buggy all on her lap as the bus was full and there was nowhere for the bag or the buggy to go. Come on Stagecoach, replace the bench seats over the front wheels with luggage racks please.

Tobireg said...

What is annoying is that Stagecoach run smaller, very modern, buses in the evening which have very adequate space both for buggies and luggage.

The reason they run them then, or so I have been told, is that they are fitted with CCTV to deter the hooligan element that sometimes seem to use the buses at that time of day.