Tuesday 23 June 2009

Its Festival Time Again !.

I hear that Louise Edwards and a number of other people from the village will be heading for the Glastonbury Festival Glastonbury is part of the English summer scene now in the same way as Wimbledon but rather more dangerous to your health. I admit to never having been but I suspect that this year, with swine flu on the march and the festival's notoriously dodgy toilet facilities, it would not be my first choice of how to spend a summer weekend. Also I think I am a bit long in the tooth to be spending nights in a leaking tent, especially as thunderstorms are, as usual, in the forecast. I must admit though that the prospect of thousands of ageing Status Quo fans headbanging their way towards brain damage to the sounds of their heroes has a certain appeal as does an appearence by the great, Neil Young but I think I shall just sit back and watch the highlights on TV and leave the rest of it to those still young enough to be able to cope with the consequences of blocked tooilets, dodgy burgers and the threat of drowning in the mud.

Have a good one folks.

No comments: