Wednesday 25 February 2009

Toad On The Road.

I have never been a great fan of toads. When I was young I used to keep Lizards and even Grass Snakes and Slow Worms on occasions, but I am afraid that I never had any affection for the smelly, poisonous amphibians that lurk in our gardens. That being said they have their place in nature and I am saddened to hear that quite a number of them have been coming to a squashy end under the tyres of cars on Parsonage Lane while attempting to cross, or sometimes mating.

Perhaps the district council, when and if, they remove the redundant 'Humps' sign in the square could replace it with an illuminated sign at the entrance to Parsonage Lane reading 'Caution, Toads Crossing'. Or perhaps 'Caution, Toads Humping'.

Either would be more useful then the one we currently have in the square.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry the dog shite will see em off!