Friday 27 February 2009

Singing In The Bath

I dont doubt that we have a number of reasers who like nothing better than to sing in the bath. There is nothing better when having a good soak and a scrub with the loofah, then to lose your inhibitions and to let loose with a rip roaring vocal rendition. Some like to do a selection from the classics and some give their interpretations of the Elvis catalouge. Some of the younger readers might well be more likely to give forth with a burst of The Arctic Monkeys although looking good on the dance floor might be a bit difficult in the bath tub.

For myself, I tend to be a bit more eclectic. I used to perform 'Abide With Me' on a sunday mprning to the annoyance of family, but have also been known to do Little Feat numbers (Not Fat Man In The Bathtub, however) some of the songs from 'I want To See The Bright Lights Tonight' by Richard and Linda Thompson and even a bit of a humalong to some Frank Zappa tunes on occasions. I do draw the line at Westlife however. My favourite, usually though, is the Glasgow Celtic FC anthem 'The Fields Of Athenry' which is just the thing for a bit of a vocal belting.

As usual, if you have a bathtime favourite, tell us here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I read the the post about Quality Status, I was moved to learn more about it, and had a look at the Parish Council website. I read the Latest Minutes. Minute 112210 impressed me. Powerful Stuff indeed !

One Councillor was determined the speed humps in School Road would be replaced as these had been taken away without the Parish Council’s consent. How dare DCC do such a thing !

A letter should be written to the Enforcement Officer to take enforcement action to ensure compliance. It was all beginning to sound like an episode from “The Sopranos”. I could imagine the Enforcement Officer quaking in his or her boots !

In the bath, later, I found myself breaking into “Land of Hope and Glory” followed by “Rule Britannia”. Well done, Parish Council !

Yes, we will indeed fight them on the beaches ...........we will never surrender ..............
even if we are completely on the wrong tack.

Humps are an old fashioned solution to speeding.
Look for a 21st century solution, for God’s sake !!

babyblox said...

Suggest one please.