Saturday 14 February 2009

Brownies.

I had a complaint last night from a parent who was concerned that his daughter had been on the waiting list to join the Brownies for the past three years. Having no children myself, I am not up on the details of how long it takes to get your offspring into youth organisations theses days. When I was young, such organisations always seemed to be crying out for members. Perhaps someone connected to the Brownies would like to comment on that organisations admissions policy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am one of the brownie leaders and I am unaware of anyone waiting to get into brownies; admittedly I am not responsible for the admin side of the group. it may be a good idea to make a follow up phone call; we may have mislaid the paperwork on your daughter (being mere fallible humans that we are) at the moment I apologise on behalf of myself and Katherine and if you call either of us I'm sure we can sort it out. Trudi 861082 or Katherine 861909

Anonymous said...

I am also a Brownie Leader, and took over the pack from my predecessors around 2 and a half years ago. It's possible that your daughter's details were not passed on to me.

There is no waiting list for Brownies; girls are able to join soon after their 7th birthday. Most of our intake is from Rainbows (aged 5-7).

We currently have 18 Brownies, and are by no means under-subscribed. In fact, rather than crying out for members, GirlGuiding is crying out for volunteers!

I hope that answers the issue raised in the original post :o)

Anonymous said...

Hi, based on the feedback published it would appear my daughter (Brittany) fell through this net, now aged 9 is she still able to join the group.

Anonymous said...

Yes - please give me a call 861909 and i'll give you all of the information you need (dates/times etc). If you call this week, she can start with us after half term - but I do need to speak with you first.