Saturday 15 November 2008

Friday Night.

Friday night in Silverton, during my lifetime anyway, has always been the night when the boys and girls, young and not so young, come out to play. After a hard weeks work, or enforced abstinence to to financial restrictions, they get out and about and the more adventurous get into the pubs they dont usually visit. Even the chief stoker was spotted in the Three Tuns last night and I even put in an apearence there myself along with Mr Fox and MS Symonds. I thought I had better mention my visit to the Tuns as there have been complaints that this particular establishment does not get enough mentions here. I have to report that it was a pleasent visit, as always, and that The Three Tuns is always worth a visit even if it is a bit off the beaten track for some of us.

Nice to see the former proprietors of 'The Tuns' Pete and Di, there last night. Good to see they still keep in touch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

also further to Anonymous’ comment in “TAPS”

I was glad to read Tobirigs report.

When the most recent owners took over The Tuns, I found the beer over-priced and not kept in good condition - so I didn’t go back. After this recommendation, perhaps I’ll give it another go.

Tobireg said...

I still think the beer is a bit overpriced in comparison with The Lamb, but its a friendly crowd down there.