Saturday 23 May 2009

How We Do It.

Many of our readers must wonder what process is involved in writing the blog and where the ideas come from. Much of the material we have published over the past year has come out of my knowledge of Silverton gained over a period of nearly 60 years but much of the other material has come from late night conversations between Carolyn and myself whilst watching, or trying to avoid, the fare on offer on Television. We dont set out specifically to devise material for the blog but will often come to the conclusion that some subject that has come up in conversation could create the basis for a post. The usual way I will indicate that I am planning a post on something is to say that 'the blog will speak on this' and as long as I can remember the subject the next day, the blog usually does. Carolyn and myself might seem an unlikely creative partnership to many but, on the whole it works. Frankly, I could not have produced the blog the way it has been over the past year or so without her input and its only right that her contribution is publically acknowledged. A well kown Silvertonian greeted me in the street recently by saying 'Ah !. the blogman'. I may be the blogman but behind the blogman stands the blogwoman the sort of combination that exists in most areas of life in one way or another.

Thankfully, the combination can work the other way around these days and who knows, Mrs Frost may be pursuaded to write her own blog in time. If not, I suspect that you will be getting her somewhat individual outlook on life filtered through the mind of the blogman for a long while to come.

2 comments:

silverton siren said...

As I have commented in the past : you both do a grand job and I, for one, miss the blog when you occasionally have (a deserved) holiday! Long may it continue!

Tobireg said...

Thank You. Mrs F has a very heavy work shedule at the moment but we are still doing the best that we can