Tuesday 12 May 2009

Barbeque Time.

Going around the village before the binmen over the last few days I noticed that there seemed to be a number of boxes that had contained barbeque kits had been put out for removal. I know that the long range weather forecasts are predicting a good summer but I suspect that buying in new barbeque equipment may be tempting fate just a bit. Long range forecasts have been known to be wrong and it would not be nice to think of all that new equipment going damp and rusty in the garden shed.

The only saving grace, I suppose is that the stench of burnt animals will not be purvading the countryside and we shall not have the sight of fat, drunk middle aged people attempting to emulate the latest dance craze or groping each other falling all over their back gardens. Personally, I think that the barbeque should be left to those who live in warmer climes where the barbeque is a more integral part of the social scene.

No comments: