Monday 27 October 2008

Visiting The Dentist

I paid my last ever visit to our local dentist, David Courtney-Stamp this morning. David wil be retiring at the end of the year after caring for the dental needs of the district for 50 years. The closure of his dentists surgery will mark the passing of yet another Silverton institution and it must be one of the few dentists surgeries located at the back of a garage. We wish David a long and happy retirement and hope that he will long be able to continue his walks with Rufus as one of the dog walking fraternity.

As for myself the visit was not a painful one. A filling, a filing and a general cleanup were the order of the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting piece. When I was a lad the good dentist sometimes gave me a lift to Exeter in his Bentley if he saw me waiting at the bus stop in the village. He also once gave me two shillings following a filling but I can't quite remember now why he did that.

Pleased to learn he's still alive and kicking (or pulling!)

Tobireg said...

I expect that many of us of a certain age remember that Bentley. I have ridden in that one a few times as well, often driven then by the dentists first wife