Saturday 4 April 2009

Travellers Site Objections.

I have now seen two of the objections that are being submitted to Mid DEvon District Council regarding the proposed travellers site at Oak Meadow. As I do not have copies to hand I will try to summerise them from memory. If anyone thinks the summery is inaccurate could you please let me know and I will post a correction.

The first objection I have seen is from The National Trust. The NT is objecting to the site, basically, because the yurts and other buildings to be erected there will disturb the view that can be obtained of that part of the Culm valley from the nearby Killerton Estate, which is, of course, a National Trust property.

The second objection that I saw last night has been drawn up by Mr Mark Weekes the landowner who previously owned Oak Meadow. As I understand it, his objections centre on the following points. The question of access to the property down the very narrow Hayne lane and the difficulties regarding the crossroads at the Silverton end of the lane. The question of sewage disposal on a piece of ground that is part of a flood plain, the question of access to water supply to the property from a stream that passes through land owned by Mr Weekes, water which he is not prepared to supply to the proposed site. The question of ambiguity in the planning application regarding whether the business proposed for Oak Meadow is fixed or mobile. And Finally, objections regarding the planning regulations that apparently work differently for those wishing to erect the sort of constructions proposed for Oak Meadow, than they would for Mr Weekes if he wished to erect a dwelling for an employee.

As I say this is a very basic summation of the objections as I have seen them. Corrections or clarifications will, of course, be posted if received.

No comments: