Friday 24 April 2009

The Plague.

Talking to Paul Frost yesterday, I hear that people are still being plagued by unwanted telesales calls, Mr Frost seems to have a particular problem with double glazing salespeople.

When I lived in Scotland these people were the bane of my life, especially when you had just come in from work. What makes threse people think that you are at your most receptive when you are trying to unwind after a days work is beyond me and I always had the urge to blow ac whistle down the phone at them although I never did so. Now of course, you also have automated calls from women with pronounced US accents telling you that you have won some fabulous prize, or from someone with an impenetrateable Asian accent apperantly informing you that you have won the holiday of a lifetime. At least with the current economic crisis the banks have given up trying to sell us credit cards.

I am sure that unwanted telesales are one of the reasons why people are abandoning landlines. Afer all, if you dont give out your mobile number to all and sundry you should be safely beyond the reach of the six o clock callers. Perhaps when the last ubfortunate phone owner has been driven onto a mobile the telesales gang will only have each other to phone up and annoy.

No comments: