Wednesday 6 August 2008

The charity card incident.

On monday evening I was approached by someone selling a card based on an early entry to this blog. The card contained not only the uncredited entry from this blog but also the identity of the person referred to indirectly in the original post as well as his photograph. I agreed to post the card here, and did so together with a humourous comment. I was assured by the person who approached me that the person named on the card had agreed to his name and photograph being used as the card was being sold to raise money for charity. I was informed by the person named last night that this was not the case and that he had not given permission for his name and photograph to be used in this manner.. The card and comment have now been removed from the blog. After investigating the matter further it would seem that there have been a series of misunderstandings amongst those involved.

Given that the charity concerned was a very worthy one and one which I know is important to some of those involved in this incident I would hope that some agreement can be reached amongst those concerned as to perhaps a more uncontentious method of raising funds for this cause.

No comments: