Friday 22 August 2008

Lottery

It seems that we shall soon be able to purchase our lottery tickets within the village once more, this time at the SPAR. This will no doubt come as a relief to all those hoping that a sizeable win will enable them to escape the continuing downpours which seem set to be the only memories most will have of this summer. Like most, I have done the lottery on occasions, but my biggest win was £33.00 Hardly likely to get you a return fare to London on the train these days. My biggest win on the scratchcards was £17.00.

The best story about national lottery scratchcards I heard was when I lived elsewhere. There was only one £100,000 scratchcard left on sale in our local SPAR shop in Prestwick. It was purchased by a member of staff....who won £100,000.

No comments: