Tuesday 24 June 2008

Why Tobireg ?.

Some may wonder why I choose to write this blog under the name 'Tobireg'. Back in the day, well, early 2001 to be exact I started posting on the notorious, and now defunct, Red Action discussion board. The RA board was populated by some of the wilder fringes of UK politics and though a good place to engage in a bit of heated debate,was not the sort of place where you would want too many personal details appearing. Consequently, I decided that it would be wise to adopt, as most did, a non de plume and for that purpose I combined the names of my then pets, Toby (the sawn off Collie) and Reg the cat. Toby has since gone on to the great Kennel in the sky but Reg is alive and well and living in the Belmont area of Ayr. The name Tobireg then continued on through various discussion boards and comments sections of Blogs including Urban 75 and Harrys Place as well as some of my own earlier blogging attempts so I decided that it would be appropriate to keep it going for this effort.

Its not my only pen name though. Those who seek far enough could also find contributions to boards and blogs under the names Tollbar (after my former local in Prestwick) and Glenn Dale (I used to live in Glendale Crescent in Ayr) but you would need to do a hard days googling to find them as references to other people and places with those names are not that uncommon..

No comments: