Thursday 12 June 2008

Quiz night at The Lamb.

Once more the massed intellects of the village gathered at the Lamb Inn for the regular general knowledge quiz. This time the quiz had been drawn up by someone bother then the owners and besides a notably difficult first round contained a picture round on famous Album covers and an interround section wanting the full lit of 'The Cronicles Of Narnia'. Having never read any of these well known examples of christian propaganda, I found myself at a distinct disadvantage when dealing with that section. After a long struggle my team managed to make it to joint third, whilst the top honours as as is often the case, went to a team of university professionals who seem to have a strong interest in popular culture. Still, I suppose a free pint of Stowford Press, which I got for the joint third position is better then nothing.

The next quiz will be on the 30th of July and will be on the theme of this years street market, Heroes and villians. Could be interesting. I am working on an idea for a great british quiz later in the year. We shall have to see if we can make it a bit controversial.

No comments: