Wednesday 15 July 2009

It's Here.

I hear that Silverton has its first case of swine flu. We all hope that the person concerned will soon make a full recovery but this news should be a reminder to us all of just how quickly this virus is spreading across the country. I remember when I was last in scotland at the start of may, this virus was still largely confined to Mexico. The current thinking seems to be that the disease will die down a bit over the summer before really getting into its stride when the autumn and winter arrive. I hope that the current predicitions regarding the severity of the virus are correct, that most of those who catch the virus recover quickly and that a vaccine is soon available.

Whatever happened to Bird Flu ?. I wonder if that one is still lurking out there preparing to go global.

No comments: